Thursday, July 26, 2012

Man, 98, seeks money spent on woman

A 98-year-old man, Mohammed Tahiru, on Wednesday approached an Ilorin Area Court to claim the money he allegedly spent on a 24-year-old woman he planned to marry.
The nonagenarian claimed that the woman, Alaba Tahiru, a former resident of Seriki-Gambari compound in Ilorin, received an undisclosed amount of money from him with a promise that 
she would
marry him.
Tahiru said, “I worked as an Imam, and people come to me for assistance, which I rendered. Alaba was introduced to me in 1999 by her elder sister, Iyabo Seriki, and since then, I have been assisting her.
“One day, I asked her about her husband, and she replied she had no husband, which prompted me to propose to her.’’
He told the court he had wanted to marry the defendant, so that she would be taking care of him and his younger children.
He claimed that the defendant accepted the proposal and always came around to help him in some domestic works.
The plaintiff claimed that he gave N24, 000 to the defendant for her graduation from tailoring apprenticeship as a tailor in addition to previous expenses he had incurred on her.
“Immediately after her graduation, she suddenly changed and stopped coming to help me. Not long after,  I was told that she was pregnant for someone else,’’ Tahiru said.
The plaintiff pleaded with the court to recover the money he spent on the defendant.
The Judge, Mr. Yusuf Abdulkareem, then adjourned the case till August 15, for continuation of the case and to enable the plaintiff to call witnesses to buttress his claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment